Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Thomas and I eating lunch together

Ok, ok...so I know its late, but Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends. A special Happy Mother's Day to my older sister Amy and to Melodie. Both are new moms. I had a good day doing nothing much. Thomas and I went to church and lunch with my parents and then home for Thomas to nap. I then went to look at flowers at a local nursery with my friend Ryan. Sunday evening we went to my Grandmother's house for some family time. Thomas gave me a Willow Tree Angel (my favorite!). It is the one of the mommy holding a little toddler boy. I can't wait to have my own place to put it out at!

The Thursday prior to Mother's Day, Thomas' school did a little program for the mothers. His class "sang" 2 songs. The first was God Made Me and then This Little Light of Mine. Thomas was super cute doing the hand motions, but of course, NOT singing. For some reason he won't sing! About halfway through the first song, he noticed my mom and said (loudly) "There's Gram!". Then, he noticed I was there and said (again loudly) "And there MOMMY!!" He was so excited that we were there! He spent the rest of the time trying to focus on doing the songs and announcing to the crowd that "there's Gram and Mommy!". It was too cute. After all the singing, we were able to eat lunch together. It was a special day for me because I was able to have the time off to actually go see him sing!
God Made...

ME!!!!

"I see Gram!"
This Little Light Of Mine

"I see Gram and Mommy!" (at which point we put up the camera!)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a sweetie! I bet he was the star of the show. I love that he kept acknowledging your presence...that is so cute! Hope you have a fun weekend.

The Coopers said...

He is such a cutie! I love those little programs they do every year. I am always amazed at how different they are each time.
Enjoy!!

Angie said...

YO! You need to update more so I can see more pictures of my...I mean your baby. ;)